Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this website. By using this website you accept these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to accept these terms and conditions in full, please exit this website.
About these terms and conditions
Your use of this website creates a legally binding agreement between MG Caravans and you, the user of this website. We may change these terms and conditions at any time by publishing a new version on our website.
Use of our website by you
We license you to use our website provided that:
- you are over 18 years old; and
- you use our website only in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Our website is designed to enable you to submit requests to us. When you access our website, you are agreeing that your use of our request forms will be in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Unless you have first obtained our written consent, you are not permitted:
- to alter any material downloaded from our website;
- to incorporate any material downloaded from our website into any other work or publication in any form;
- to reproduce (except as specified above), transmit or distribute material downloaded from our website to others by any means;
- to create and/or publish a link to any part of our website without our prior written consent; or
- to download, use or copy all or any part of our website for any commercial purpose.
You must not use, or permit the use by any other person of our website: in any way which is defamatory, offensive, abusive, indecent, obscene or menacing; in any way which violates or infringes the rights of any person or organisation (including but not limited to, intellectual property rights, rights of confidentiality and rights of privacy); in any way which is illegal or unlawful; to introduce a virus, trojan horse, worm or other disruptive program or item whatsoever; in any way which may cause our website or its functionality to be impaired or interrupted in any manner; to attempt any unauthorised access to any part or component of our website; or in any way which is not authorised by us or which is in breach of these terms and conditions.
We may alter or withdraw our website or any part of it without notice at any time for any reason without incurring any liability to you or to any third party.
Content of our website
Our website does not constitute an offer by us to sell the products or provide the services described within it. Whilst we do try to keep the information provided on our website accurate and up to date, we reserve the right to alter specifications and prices at any time and, as set out below, we do not accept liability for any errors or omissions.
Complaints Handling Procedure
If you have a complaint in regard to any aspect of your experience with MG Caravans we would like to hear about it. We strive to offer the highest level of customer service we can and need to understand areas in which we can improve. So please follow this procedure in order to make us aware:
All complaints are dealt with as swiftly and amicably as possible.
- Please put your complaint into writing, this can be in the form of an email or letter – for email please use firstname.lastname@example.org, for post please send to MG Caravans, York Way, Royston, Hertfordshire, SG8 5HL and address for the attention of Samantha O’Brien.
- Please ensure that you include as much information as possible within your complaint such as your name, contact details, vehicle, dates etc in order for us to investigate fully
- Your complaint will be acknowledged within 2 working days of receipt
- We aim to offer a full response within 7 working days, subject to the investigation required however we always endeavour to keep the customer informed of the progress.
- If you are unhappy with the response given to your complaint, you can escalate your complaint to Gaynor Bannister using the same details as above.
MG Caravans takes Data Protection very seriously.
Who are we?
MG Caravans or MG Leisure are the trading names of MG Caravan Service & Repair Centre Limited.
How / When we collect your data
Your data will be collected by us when you enter into a contract with us, make a purchase, have work done by us, apply for a job etc.
The personal data held will be the information given by you to MG Caravans such as name, address, contact number, email address etc.
We also have CCTV in all public areas and record all of our telephone calls.
How we use/share your data
Your data is held on a single central server and is kept for as long as legally necessary, your data is never shared with any other party, save in the following circumstances:
- Purchase of a new caravan – your data unless you request other wise will be shared with:
- CRIS – for the purposes of registration,
- Vehicle manufacturer – for the purposes of warranty registration
- Fitted option product warranty e.g. Powrtouch – for the purposes of warranty registration
- Purchase of a used caravan:
- Warranty company – for the purposes of warranty registration
- CRIS – for the purposes of registration
- Vehicle manufacturer – for the purposes of warranty registration (if applicable)
- Fitted option product warranty e.g. Powrtouch – for the purposes of warranty registration
- If a number plate has been provided
- From time to time the DVLA may request copies of documents provided for the purchase of a number plate.
- Application for finance:
- All data gathered for the purposes of a finance application is shared directly with Black Horse Finance Limited through their secure online application process.
Any email addresses collected are added to our mailing list, the data subject can at any time unsubscribe from this list. However doing to may prevent access to offers, service reminders and more helpful features.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Information we may send to you
We will only send you marketing communications by email or other electronic means if you give us your agreement to do so. For example, we may inform you that when providing your email address you will be indicating your agreement to receive marketing emails. If you give us your agreement and subsequently wish to opt out you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link which we include on all our marketing emails or you can contact us at any time at the address above.
How to update your information
The accuracy of our data is important to us, we are always reviewing the information that we hold. If you do change any of your information and want to update us then please email us at email@example.com or write to us.
You do have a right to access the information that MG Caravans holds on you, if you would like to get a copy of this information then please send a request by post or email for the attention of the Data Protection Officer.
Security precautions are in place to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your information.
When you give us personal information we take steps to ensure that it is treated securely.
Review of this policy
We keep this policy under regular review. This policy was last updated in April 2018.
If you would like to know anything else about our Data Protection Procedures then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org FAO Data Protection Officer.
Thanks for purchasing a product from MG Caravans.
Online spares and accessories Purchases:
In order to be eligible for a refund, you have to return the product within 30 calendar days of your purchase. The product must be in the same condition that you receive it and undamaged in any way.
After we receive your item, our team of professionals will inspect it and process your refund. The money will be refunded to the original payment method you’ve used during the purchase. For credit card payments it may take 5 to 10 business days for a refund to show up on your credit card statement.
If the product is damaged in any way, or you have initiated the return after 30 calendar days have passed, you will not be eligible for a refund.
If anything is unclear or you have more questions feel free to contact our customer support team. The cost of return lies with the purchaser.
If the item you have purchased has been ordered especially for you from our supplier. It is not possible to get a refund, unless the item is fault. If this is the case, please either send or bring the faulty item to us and we will arrange an independent verification of the fault and either refund or replace the item. This process can take up to 28 days.
Vehicle sales – all caravan and motorhome sales are based on a physical inspection of the vehicle, by the purchaser prior to ordering. The order is then processed which entails either a special order of a unit from the manufacturer or the removal from sale of a vehicle that is in stock.
Between order and collection the vehicle will be serviced and checked over and then on handover the purchaser has adequate opportunity to ensure that the vehicle is to the specification, purpose and condition prescribed on the order form. The vehicle is then handed over.
There is a no automatic right to return vehicle purchases. Unless the purchaser has a right to return under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.